ABOUT CASCADE COVENANT CHURCH
Cascade Covenant Church is a Biblically grounded church that welcomes and cares for all people, of all ages; facilitates their spiritual and personal growth; and encourages stewardship of the gifts God has provided. We are joyful, generous, and just people of Christ.
- Biblically Grounded - The Word of God guides our decisions, ministries, and teaching. We look to God first for answers.
- Hospitality - We want all people, of all ages, to feel welcomed, invited, and valued no matter the point in their faith journey.
- Caring - Cascade Covenant is a missional church that cares about people: inside our walls, outside our walls, locally, globally. We strive to be a place where people can be cared for and that cares for the whole person, the way Jesus cares for us today.
- Growth – Growth at Cascade Covenant is seeing people become engaged spiritually, working to know God better and be mature followers of Christ.
- Stewardship – We recognize that God is creator and has provided all we have. It is our responsibility to be stewards of what he has provided: our finances, our time, and His creation. We care about the resources and gifts that God has provided and using those gifts to serve others.
- One Church – Cascade Covenant is a part of the larger Body of Christ, recognizing that the Kingdom of God transcends boundaries and buildings.
CCC and Covenant Churches affirm these core beliefs:
- We believe in the necessity of a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. This comes to us through the experience of conversion.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s message to all people and the only perfect authority for faith, doctrine and conduct. We also believe that the Word of God is “spirit and life” and requires of us a spiritual and living response.
- We believe in a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit, who, with the Father and Son, calls the church into being, empowers its ministry, guides its mission, and supplies the resources needed by the Church community to follow Jesus.
- We believe in the Church as the community of believers, characterized by mutual participation in and sharing of new life in Christ.
- We believe in the whole mission of the Church. The early Covenanters were known as “Mission Friends”— people of shared faith who came together to carry out God’s mission both far and near. Mission for them and for us includes evangelism, Christian formation, and ministries of compassion, mercy, and justice. We follow Christ’s two central calls.
- The Great Commission sends us out into all the world to make disciples. The Great Commandment calls us to love the Lord our God and our neighbors as ourselves.
- We believe in the reality of freedom in Christ. We recognize that differences of opinion exist concerning theological issues, worship styles and sacramental practices. In Jesus Christ we have freedom, constrained by His Lordship and His Holy Word.
In essentials - agreement... in the non-essentials - freedom... and in all love.
Our faith is centered in the coming, life, cross, resurrection, ascension, and promised return of Jesus Christ.
To learn more about our denomination, visit the Evangelical Covenant Church website.